Floor coverings in modern layout are represented by means of a number of substances, many of which resemble natural timber in their characteristics. The leading position among this elegant assortment is taken by tiles imitating laminate. It is manufactured artificially using natural raw materials. Due to the rich selection of textures and colours, such floors appear magnificent and 1poshtoram.ru stylish, and match with almost any style of room design.
Benefits and disadvantages
The huge demand for floor tiles beneath laminate is explained not only with their own presentable appearance, but also by a range of benefits. Porcelain stoneware is significantly different from conventional ceramics and natural solid wood, so it is often used as the main component for decorating floors.
Among the favorable properties of the material could be distinguished:
- Reliability in operation. The coating does not wear off and does not lose its allure even after 50 years;
- security in program. The boards are resistant to high temperature fluctuations, they do not catch fire;
- neutrality to chemical influences. Products aren’t terrified of alkalis and acids;
- high moisture resistance. The material is impermeable to water, so it is not a favorable spot for the creation of fungus and mould;
- excellent thermal insulation. Such coatings are suitable for the machine”warm floor”, as they consist of clay, which in elevated temperature is able to conduct heat ;
aesthetics. In look, the tiles are not inferior to flooring made from natural wood or stone.
However perfect this substance is, it isn’t devoid of disadvantages.
The main disadvantages of synthetic laminate may comprise:
- The large cost. The product, that can last more than a dozen years is expensive, but in operation, these costs are certain to pay off;
- low prices of sound insulation.
So far, tile below the laminate is produced of two types: ceramic and ceramic stoneware. The very first variant of the coating is obtained by the technology of monocottura.
This type of product is characterized by high strength, resistance to moisture and vapors, nicely withstands mechanical loads.
In addition, the ceramic flooring is frost-resistant, but its external coating is subject to wear and tear over the years.
As for porcelain stoneware, it is made of special types of clay and mineral impurities, whose composition is similar to that of natural stone. The result is a durable and beautiful ending material.
The two types of boards exactly replicate the proportions and dimensions of the floorboard. Rectangular shapes are the most frequent, but sometimes square ones are available.